Additional Downloadable Resources
First UMC Blessing Box
Do you know what a Blessing Box is???? It is a closed box that anyone can place non-perishable items in for the people of the community that are in need. Upon the sale of MSC, the Blessing Box was relocated to West Walnut St., on the corner of the alley from our parking lot. Below is information and suggestions of items to place in the box. Please share to show we at FUMC Hanover care.
Please review the available slots and sign up at the following link.
Items are always welcomed for drop off, even if you are not signed up.
About Blessing Box Needs:
- Everyone donates Kraft Mac and Cheese in the box. They can rarely use it because it needs milk and butter which is hard to get from regular food banks. Donate Velveta Shells and Cheese instead. No milk or butter needed.
2. Boxed milk is a treasure, as kids need it for cereal. 3. Everyone donates pasta sauce and spaghetti noodles. Donate pop top soup and a can opener instead.
4. Oil is a luxury but needed for Rice a-Roni which they also get a lot of.
5. Spices or salt and pepper would be a real Christmas gift.
6. Tea bags and coffee make them feel like you care.
7. Sugar and flour are treats.
8. They fawn over fresh produce donated by farmers and grocery stores.
9. Tuna and crackers make a good lunch.
10. Hamburger Helper
11. Bread is a must if you are putting in Peanut Butter and Jelly.
12. Cake mix and frosting makes it possible to make a child’s birthday cake.
13. Dishwashing detergent is very expensive and is always appreciated.
14. Feminine hygiene products are a luxury and women will cry over that.
15. Everyone loves Stove Top Stuffing.
First Church Youth NEEDS YOU!
The youth team is looking for a few adult volunteers to lead weekly Sunday school classes for our youth in grades 6 through 12! If you are interested in this opportunity, please mark the option on your Connection Card and someone from our team will be in contact with you! If you would like more information, please contact Raquell Bevans at (813) 362-2421 or via email at email@example.com.